6 Reasons Why Vinyl Is Popular Again

Vinyl records are no longer just a thing of the past. In recent years, there has been a rejuvenated interest in vinyl records, such as in 2014 when over nine million records were sold. Older music lovers are rediscovering their old vinyl records from decades ago and young people are discovering them for the first time. You may be asking yourself, "Why is vinyl making a comeback?"

Nostalgia

Progress is an ongoing process in today's world, and sometimes it can be a daunting prospect for people who grew up in previous decades. Vinyl records remind many people of their childhoods and adolescent years. They associate vinyl records with happy memories.

Quality of Sound

Many people notice a difference in the quality of sound between vinyl records and compact discs. Compact discs contain music that has been edited and reformatted, so naturally there are going to be some noticeable differences. The volume and intensity usually increase once the music has been converted from a vinyl to a compact disc. It really comes down to personal preference: some listeners prefer the clarity and intensity of reformatted music and some prefer the subtle, muted sounds of a vinyl record.

Convenience

Digital music is a convenient way to quickly listen to music, but it can get expensive. Many people already have vinyl records from their favorite artists, so it only makes sense that they would listen to those records in lieu of purchasing a digital version of music they already own.

Novelty

According to BBC News, only 52 percent of consumers who buy vinyl records actually have a turntable to play them on. The other 48 percent don't actually play the records once they buy them, so listening to music clearly isn't their motivation for purchasing vinyl records. Many people like the idea of owning something old and classic because they like the history that comes with it. Some people just prefer a deviation from digital music and CD albums. The novelty of owning a vinyl record can be just as enjoyable as playing one on a turntable.

Affordability

Vinyl records are usually more affordable than digital albums or compact discs. Digital albums and compact disc albums sometimes go for up to 20 dollars. Vinyl records don't usually go for more than five to 10 dollars except in the case of rare editions or new releases. Many discount stores sell old records for a couple of dollars each. If you have a record player and don't feel like shelling out a fortune on classic albums, vinyl is an inexpensive way to expand your music collection.

Aesthetic

Some people purchase vinyl records simply because they like how they look. The large sleeves that the records come in display the album art much more vividly than the small cases that compact discs come in, and they can make good decorations for any room. They can be propped up on shelves or pinned to the walls like posters.

About The Guest Contributor

Jessica Kane - VPI Turntables

Jessica Kane is a music connoisseur and an avid record collector. She currently writes for SoundStage Direct, her go-to place for all turntables and vinyl equipment, including VPI Turntables
.

About Gospel Music Public Relations

Devine Jamz Gospel Network is the parent company and content publisher that provides value and the story that's behind the music you hear on Gospel Music Public Relations. As a disclosure, you should know that this website contains endorsements for products and services, which means when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a commission. Not every link is an affiliate link (one we get paid for), but some are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment